Hi guys. I’m here. I feel like I’ve abandoned you for a bit, but I promise I think about you all the time.
The last few months have been a bit busy and I haven’t had as much time to write. But I’m here.
I’ve been thinking a lot about 2016, and it’s been one of the hardest years of my life. There have been times where I’ve thought ‘wow, 2016 sucked for various reasons,’ but then, when I really look at this past year, I realize I’ve not only learned from the sucky stuff, but I’ve also experienced some of the most amazing things – life changing things.
So, here are 2016 highlights, plus ideas of what could come on the blog in 2017.
- YOU! You guys, you are amazing. This blog launched in early 2016 and I’ve been blown away by the support as well as the camaraderie. In this wellness journey, it’s so important to know we’re not alone. You’ve shown me that, and I hope this blog has done the same for you.
- God. I’ve never really talked about God publicly, nor have I understood those who do (not saying it’s bad, just didn’t understand it). But I joined a church this year, one different than what I’m used to, and it has made a big impact on my life. I feel like the pastor must have a secret camera following me around, because every week, the message somehow applies to what’s going on in my world. My relationship with God is stronger than it’s ever been. And now, I get why people talk about God. Because when you experience something great, you want to share it.
- Pursuing Passions. After 9 years, I stopped working for the PR/marketing agency that was my first real job. It will forever hold a special place in my heart – I truly love the people I worked with. But now, in partnership with my hard-working husband, I’m able to stay home with Hadley, plus teach more group exercise classes than I’ve ever taught. I’m also participating in a cycling mentorship program with Equinox, and finger crossed I’ll be teaching there too, soon.
- Struggles. I’ve faced struggles that I’m trying to use as learning opportunities. For example, we have a landlord who speaks to us in an accusatory, rude way with no niceties at all. For no good reason! Every time she does this, it eats me up inside. I think it’s because I don’t get why she’s treating us like this. But then I think about all the people in our world who are treated poorly for no good reason. Who are talked to or talked about in negative ways. People who have experienced racism, classism, homophobia, etc. I’m 33 and this is the first time I’ve been treated poorly for no good reason. But there are people who experience this type of thing every day. I hope I can use this experience to not only empathize more with others but to help be a voice for others. P.S. – We’re MOVING to a different place this month! 😉
- My Family. Last but not least, I have a loving and healthy family who are my ultimate source of joy.
What Could Come in 2017 on Beloved Body:
- Naked & Afraid – Naked yoga. I’m serious! I’ll give you the full scoop in a few weeks.
- The Fast & the Furious – A 21-day fast that I’ll probably be participating in but not for the reasons you’d expect.
Thank you again for reading this blog. Happy Holidays and Happy 2017!
What are some of your highlights from 2016?