Hi! My name is Amy and I’m excited you’ve stopped by my blog. If you’re interested in learning what this blog is all about, read more here.
In the meantime, here’s a little background on me:
- I’m married to a wonderful man – Scott – who believes in me often when I don’t believe in myself.
- I’m mom to Hadley – a sweet, laid back, observant little girl who brings lots of joy to our lives. She is part of the reason for my work on this blog.
- In 2015, we chose to go on an adventure, moving from Kansas City to San Francisco for Scott’s job.
- I grew up dancing and then transitioned into teaching group exercise classes in college at Mizzou. I love the motivation, inspiration and feeling of community within group ex classes. If you don’t find me teaching classes, you’ll find me taking them because I’m not good about working out on my own. 😉
- I also work in public relations/marketing.
- Favorite quote: “Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people don’t shoot their husbands. They just don’t.” – Elle Woods in the movie Legally Blonde.
- Favorite food(s): I can’t limit myself to one food: Coffee, Mexican food (shrimp and avocado quesadillas in particular), cereal (I ❤ Honey Bunches of Oats), Green Machine juice from Coffee Girls Café and pretty much any sweet (cookie cakes, Costco cake, Funfetti cake with rainbow chip icing and ice cream top the list)
- Guilty pleasures: Reality TV, naps and massages
- Things I enjoy: Reading (“The Nightingale” by Kristin Hannah is my latest favorite), going on hikes with Scott and Hadley, photography, going on walks (or drinking wine) with girlfriends, dancing, playing board games, watching the Royals and Chiefs, and traveling.
- This blog covers my experiences and feelings and does not represent any company/organization that I work for. The way I feel might not be the way you do or what you’ve experienced. I hope we can learn from each other.
I’d love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a comment or email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org